Each tablet of Phenergan 10mg contains 10 milligrams of Promethazine Hydrochloride BP, which is derived from phenothiazine.
Phenergan is an antihistamine that counteracts the effects of histamine in the body to provide sustained relief from allergy symptoms. The immune system can become sensitised to allergens so that when allergens like pollen or mould are reintroduced into the body it results is an allergic reaction. Perennial or seasonal allergic rhinitis, commonly referred to as hayfever, are examples of the kind of allergic disorder Phenergan alleviates. Phenergan 10mg Tablets are also used as a treatment for allergic skin conditions, including hives (urticaria), eczema, and dermatitis, as well as those allergic reactions caused by insect bites and stings. It can also help with the nasal congestion associated with a cold. Phenergan 10mg comes in a pack of 25 tablets.
Children aged between 5 and 10 years: Take 1 or 2 tablets of Phenergan 10mg daily.
Adults: Take 1 or 2 tablets, 2 to 3 times a day.
Warnings and Cautions
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Phenergan if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking Phenergan if you have liver or severe kidney problems
- Avoid alcohol
- Phenergan may cause drowsiness. If affected do not drive a vehicle or operate machinery
- Do not use Phenergan if you are allergic to Promethazine Hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of Phenergan. Phenergan. Phenergan tablets contain lactose but does not contain sucrose or gluten
- Keep Phenergan out of the reach of children
- In some cases, possible side effects of this medication may include: Headaches, Fatigue, Dry mouth, Drowsiness
Maintenance: Keep Phenergan in a cool, dry place. Store below 25 degrees Celsius. Protect from direct sunlight.
Your pharmacist's advice is required for this product.
Please answer the pharmacist questions as directed during the checkout procedure.
Have you used this product before? If so, was it effective, or was there any problems with its use?
What is the condition to be treated?
Symptoms - what are they, how severe are they, how long have the symptoms been present, have you had these symptoms before?
Have you taken any other action, or any other products/supplements/medicines to treat the condition?
Do you have any other health conditions, current or previous?
Are you allergic to any medicines or chemicals?
Are you pregnant or breastfeeding?
Maintenance: Keep Phenergan Elixir in a cool, dry place. Store below 25 degrees Celsius. Protect from direct sunlight.
Phenergan is a pharmacist only medicine. Distributed by Rhone-Poulenc Rorer New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand.
No prices listed for this product.