Beclomethasone Dipropionate B.P. 50mcg/spray.
Beconase Hayfever is used in the short term treatment and prevention of seasonal allergic rhinitis, which includes hayfever. Beconase Hayfever contains Beclomethasone Dipropionate B.P. 50mcg per spray, a corticosteroid that reduces swelling and inflammation of the nasal passages in order to alleviate the symptoms of hayfever. These symptoms include sneezing, irritated eyes, an itchy or runny nose or blocked nasal passages. By clearing the nose it can also relieve the pressure and pain around the nose and eyes. Beconase starts to work immediately but takes a few days to build up to its maximum effectiveness. The most effective way to avoid the onset of hayfever symptoms is to use Beconase Hayfever two or three days before exposure to any of your usual “triggers”. Beconase Hayfever controls the underlying disorders responsible for your attacks so it is important that you continue to use it regularly. Each bottle of Beconase Hayfever contains 200 sprays.
Instructions for Use
Carefully read the enclosed leaflet before using. Gently shake the bottle before each use. Remove the dust cap from the nasal applicator. Hold the nasal spray straight upright. The first time the nasal spray is used it will need to be 'primed'. Hold the bottle with your forefinger and the middle finger on the collar either side of the nozzle, with your thumb underneath the bottle. To prime the pump for use, firmly press down on the white collar. Keep pressing until a fine mist-like spray is released through the applicator nozzle. The nasal spray is now primed and ready for use. It will not be necessary to reprime the nasal spray unless it is disassembled or used infrequently.
Once the nasal spray is ready for use, gently blow you nose to help clear the nostrils. Tilt your head slightly forward, close one nostril and carefully insert the nasal applicator into the other nostril. Breathe slowly inwards through the nostril. Hold the bottle upright and press down firmly on the white collar once to deliver the required dosage of spray. You now breathe out through you mouth. Repeat for the second spray in the same nostril and then repeat the procedure for the other nostril. After use, wipe the nozzle with a clean tissue and replace the dust cap once you are finished. Store Beconase Hayfever below 30 degrees Celsius but do not refrigerate. Protect from direct sunlight and store in an upright position.
- Adults and children over 12 years of age - Pump two sprays into each nostril twice a day, morning and evening.
- If you experience only mild symptoms of hayfever then one spray into each nostril twice a day may be sufficient. If you miss a dose, take the next dose when it is due and do not take a double dose at one time.
- Do not use more than a total of 8 sprays a day, or 4 sprays per nostril per day.
- Beconase should not be used by children under 12 years of age unless advised by your doctor or pharmacist.
Warnings and Cautions
- Only use Beconase in the nose. Avoid the eyes
- If symptoms persist, consult you doctor. Do not use Beconase for more than 6 months without medical supervision.
- Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you have an infection in the nasal passages or sinuses that is more severe than the common cold
- Do not use Beconase if you have recurring nasal bleeding
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Beconase if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Consult your doctor if you have recently had an injury to, or surgery on, your nose, or problems with ulceration the nose
- Consult your doctor if you experience eye problems that are not part of your normal hayfever symptoms such as acute eye pain or visual disturbance
- Consult your doctor if you develop signs or symptoms of infection such as fever, nasal or facial pain or swelling, discoloured or purulent (containing pus) nasal discharge or nasal bleeding
- Do not use Beconase if you are allergic to Beclomethasone Dipropionate or any other component of Beconase Hayfever
- There are no known interactions between Beconase and other medicines or with alcohol. Beconase will not interfere with treatments for viral or bacterial nasal infection. Beconase will not cause drowsiness and does not affect your ability to drive or use machinery
- Keep out of the reach of children
- In some cases, possible side effects of this medication may include: Occasionally a succession of sneezes may immediately follow the use of Beconase Hayfever but this is usually only temporary, Very occasionally you may notice an unpleasant taste or smell, Temporary minor irritations such as an itching of the nose, throat and ears, sore throat and dry mouth may occur, Systemic side effects like "rebound" congestion may occur if the dose is exceeded over a prolonged period
Beconase and Beconase Hayfever are trademarks the Glaxo Wellcome Group of Companies and is marketed by Glaxco Wellcome New Zealand Ltd, Auckland, New Zealand
No prices listed for this product.