Sodium Metabisulfite (E223): 510 micrograms, Sodium Chloride: 1.8mg, Hydrochloric Acid for pH adjustment and water.
Anapen Adrenaline Injection Syringe Auto-injector is used to treat allergic emergencies (Anaphylaxis). Anaphylactic shock is a potentially life-threatening condition where a severe allergic reaction affects most of the body. This can include the involuntary, or “smooth”, muscle tissue in the lungs and the gastrointestinal system contracting, resulting in dangerous hypotension (low blood pressure) and stomach pains, vasodilation (dilation of blood vessel walls), and tachycardia (increased heart rate). Anapen is a pre-filled auto-injection syringe that can be self-administered in an emergency to provide the adrenaline, also known as epinephrine, the body needs in this situation. The Anapen Auto-injector delivers a single intramuscular dose containing 300 mcg of adrenaline in 0.3ml (1:1000 USP).
Instructions for Use
- Step 1 - Remove the back needle shield. This may require reasonable force to remove. Do this only when you are ready to use your Anapen.
- Step 2 - Remove the grey safety cap from the red firing button.
- Step 3 - Hold needle end firmly against the outer thigh at a 90 degree angle.
- Step 4 - Press the red firing button so it clicks and hold for 10 seconds. This will ensure that the full dose of adrenaline is administered. If necessary, inject through light clothing. Gently massage the injection site for approximately 10 seconds after removal of the Anapen.
- Step 5 - Record the time Anapen was given. Seek further medical attention for yourself immediately. Although you have received adrenaline from Anapen, you should seek medical attention. To avoid injury, follow the used Anapen disposal instructions provided.
- Anapen is designed to be used by adults. Children who weigh between 15kg and 30kg should the use Anapen Junior. Anapen is for emergency use only and contains one dose of adrenaline. Each Anapen must be used only once and should be carefully discarded after use, even though as much as 90% of the liquid remains in the auto-injector. Anapen is designed as emergency supportive therapy only and is not a replacement or substitute for subsequent medical or hospital care.
Warnings and Cautions
- Anapen is intended to be used in emergency situations so any warnings or cautions are considered relative.
- Anapen is for intramuscular use only. Do not inject intravenously as this may result in cerebral haemorrhage caused by the sharp rise in blood pressure
- Anapen should be used with caution if you have high blood pressure (hypertension), thyroid problems, or narrow-angle glaucoma (high blood pressure in the eye)
- Caution is also required when Anapen is used by someone with diabetes, heart disease, brain damage or is under general anaesthetic
- Anapen contains no latex
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you have had an allergic reaction to sodium metabisulfite or any other ingredient of Anapen
- Possible temporary side effects of this medication may include dizziness, weakness, headache, tremor, nausea, restlessness and sleeplessness
- Keep Anapen in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate. Store below 25°C/75°F. Protect from direct sunlight. Do not use Anapen if the solution turns brown or turns cloudy.
Your pharmacist's advice is required for this product.
Please answer the pharmacist questions as directed during the checkout procedure.
Have you used this product before? If so, was it effective, or was there any problems with its use?
What is the condition to be treated?
Symptoms - what are they, how severe are they, how long have the symptoms been present, have you had these symptoms before?
Have you taken any other action, or any other products/supplements/medicines to treat the condition?
Do you have any other health conditions, current or previous?
Are you allergic to any medicines or chemicals?
Are you pregnant or breastfeeding?
Anapen Adrenaline Injection Syringe is a pharmacist only medicine. Link Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Auckland, New Zealand
No prices listed for this product.