Levocabastine Hydrochloride 0.5mg/ml.
Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Phosphate Dibasic, Sodium Phosphate Monobasic, Hypromellose water, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium Edetate, Preservatives.
Livostin Eye Drops contain an antihistamine that provides quick relief from the watery, itchy or red eyes that are the symptoms of hayfever or conjunctivitis. Antihistamines work by blocking the effect of the substance histamine which is released in the body in response to allergens such as pollen, grass, dust mites and animal hair.
The active ingredient in Livostin Eye Drops is 0.5mg/ml of the antihistamine Levocabastine Hydrochloride. Livostin Eye Drops are available in a 4ml bottle with an attached dropper.
- Adults place 1 drop in the affected eyes twice daily and up to four times daily, as required, or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not take a double dosage of Livostin Eye Drops if you forget to take your next dose. If you miss a dose but remember well before you are due to take your next dose then take it as normal. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take only your next regularly scheduled dose.
- Remove any soft contact lenses before using Livostin Eye Drops. Soft contact lenses can be reinserted 15 minutes after using Livostin Eye Drops.
- Livostin Eye Drops are not to be used by children under 6 years of age, unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
Warnings and Cautions
- For use in the eyes only. Do not touch the dropper tip to your eye or any other surface. Replace the cap after each use.
- Prolonged use of Livostin Eye Drops may be harmful
- Do not use Livostin Eye Drops if you suffer from glaucoma or serious eye conditions
- Do not use Livostin Eye Drops if you are pregnant
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Livostin Eye Drops in conjunction with other eye drops
- Caution should be taken when driving or performing hazardous tasks if Livostin Eye Drops causes changes to your vision
- Do not use Livostin Eye Drops if you are allergic to Levocabastine Hydrochloride or have hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of Livostin Eye Drops, which include Disodium Edetate 0.15mg/ml and Benzalkonium Chloride 0.15mg/ml as preservatives
- Keep Livostin Eye Drops out of the reach of children
- In some cases, possible side effects of this medication may include: Slight irritation of the eyes, Reddening of the eyes if overused
- Keep Livostin Eye Drops in a cool, dry place. Store below 25°C/75°F. Protect from direct sunlight.
- Shake well before use. Record the day bottle was opened and discard four weeks after it was opened or if solution becomes cloudy or changes colour.
Livostin Eye Drops are marketed by Janssen-Cilag Pty Ltd, Auckland, New Zealand.